Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Early Harvest!

With the amazing strawberry prices. I decided it would be a good idea to stock up on jam and frozen strawberries. Oh, and I guess a little treat to go along with it(strawberry pie) yummy. I called my mother-in-law, and tolled her what my plans were and she wanted in. She came up today and we made a fun day out of it. We did simple freezer jam, both regular and low sugar. We go through frozen strawberries like candy so i did 2&1/2 gallon Ziploc bags full. I'm sure my mom's jaw is on the flooring while reading this post. When I was younger, you couldn't get me near a stove or cookbook. Her phrase was always "what are you going to do when you get married". I could barely make toast without burning it. I have enjoyed learning, experimenting, and growing. My phrase to all is "if I can do it, any one can".
Kam totally enjoyed being one of the big girls. We absolutely love having the grandparents over. Thanks for coming grandma. We love you.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, and oh, so yummy!

Sami Carter said...

How fun!!! I did see your mother in law and Cambree at Walmart yesterday! She is so cute yelling down the isle, HI SAMI!!!

The Nielsens said...

Mmmm that looks and sounds yummy. I love the pictures of the new paint too, good job!

Mangelson's said...

Oh yummy!! I'm coming to your house the next time I need Jam. I bought a ton of strawberries too but my kids ate them all before I had a chance to make jam.