Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Travels, Birthdays, and 1st's. Oh my!

I guess it's going to have to be quarterly posts!  But hey, better late than never right?  Although it does make for a very long post!
 I realize the pics are out of order, pay no attention to the fact that I no longer know how to run blogger!  Because every time I get the hang of it, they change the format!  Oh well!  Starting with the above pic.  Jackson's 1st camping trip! It was so cold, he and his dad ended up in Delta!  Kambrie and I braved the tent both nights!  What was thinking?  You can report me to child services now!
 As many of you may know, Alan and Kambrie along with his brother and daughter, and his mom, had the opportunity to go and see the oldest granddaughter Ashly, graduate from Yale!  That's right, folks we have a super smart family member!  Our claim to fame!  And yet all I can think of is, who is that poor little orphan girl in the front, and why doesn't her mom do her hair!  Trust me, it could have been worse had I not had it cut just before they left!

 My Braedon is now 11!  WHAT? You say, she has an 11 year old?  You are so kind!  He grew up just over night I tell you!  Luckily, we have mini Braedon in Jackson!  The kid adores his older brother, especially his room!  Lucky for him, Braedon is such a sweet brother!
 Look at this handsome boy!  11 years where did you go?  Thanks to my friend Morgan for sharing her talent in taking his pictures!  There isn't much this woman can't do!  So grateful for our friendship!

 What a great way to spend these hot summer days!  Jackson's first swimming excursion!  He watched the kids at their lessons for 2 weeks, and we decided to let him in on the fun! He loved every second!

 Hello?  This is Jackson, and I love to talk on the phone!  Especially after getting my 3rd hair cut!  Chip off the old block, always with the phone on his ear!  Hey Dix, how did you like that surprise call from him the other day?  Before I knew it, I hear, he's calling aunt Dix! I guess he missed his aunt Dix!
 Hope you all had as wonderful of 4th as we did!  We spent almost a week in Delta with Alan's brother and his family!  Had a wonderful time catching up with my mom as well!  Thanks mom for the late night chats!  We already miss you tons!

 While in Delta, Alan's mom had this wonderful idea to have a girls only adventure!  She called her friend, and had her come teach the girls how to ride a horse.  The girls looooved it so much, they did it again the next day!  Thank you Creeda!(spelling?)
The End is finally here!  One more thing, I have slacked off with picture taking because of my not so great camera!  Perhaps it's time to invest in a new one.... In a couple of years!  Happy travels to all of you this summer!!!


2 comments:

Polly Blevins said...

This was a fun post. You are funny. Who doesn't miss Aunt Dix? I do.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness your kids are so darling!!! Love the 11 year old pics...so handsome!!! Oh and the one year old pics too!!! Love love love it all!!! So fun to see you too!